Hydraulically Driven Water Pump
The Hydraflo™ is a patented, submersible pump that uses the power of hydraulics to drive the impeller via flexible hoses. This replaces a fixed motor, a long, rigid shaft and the supporting structure common to most pumps that can move very large quantities of water.
Get the job done quicker and more efficiently with the Hydraflo™ while at the sametime saving 50-75% on civil working costs. The unique design allows the pump to be set up in hours – not months – eliminates most of the civil works necessary for installation – saving a lot of time and money, allows the pump to be portable and provides variable speed control. We offer several hydraulic fluid options which are readily biodegradable and meet the EPA toxicity limits. Hydraflo™ hydraulic tanks are small and have an engine shut down switch activated by small amounts of fluid loss.
The Hydraflo™ was a critical asset in dewatering New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Moving Water Industries sent 20 large portable pumps which were used for months in multiple locations until the city was dry. They are also an important part of future storm or hurricane drainage projects. The Army Corps of Engineers acquired 40 of our 60 inch pumps and their drive units with 720 HP Cat Diesels during this two year process.
- Versatility: Hydraflo™ pumps can be installed at any angle – vertical, horizontal or any angle in between, by simply changing the intake bell.
- Fast Installation: Hydraflo™ pumps can be installed within a fraction of the time of conventional Lineshaft pumps. A typical installation can be done in house, because they do not require any critical alignment or the extensive civil works required by other high capacity pumps.
- Designed for Longer Life: Axial and mixed flow pumps are designed for a very long life. All components are picked for ruggedness and durability. Many of MWI’s water pumps that are over 35 years old are still in daily use.
- Less Submergence Required: Because the standard design of MWI’s Hydraflo™ pumps have large intake passages and low speeds, they can be installed and operated continuously at minimal submergence.
- Requires Less Maintenance and Costs Less to Operate: A simple, straightforward design that requires very little maintenance. When used in portable mode, pumps more water for less money and has a smaller footprint than the many centrifugal pumps that would be required to take its place. Hydraflo™ pumps are designed to run dry without damage to their components.
- Variable Speed Pumping: Pump speed can be varied manually by regulating engine speed. An automatic variable speed option is also available.
- Safer: Lack of high speed pulleys and flapping belts as well as the elimination of unstable temporary installations subject to cave-ins, etc, make it much safer and easier to use.